Monday 18 November 2013

Interview by Matt Ewens

I was recently interviewed by fellow book enthusiast, author and blogger Matt Ewens. Matt is from Plymouth in the UK and writes horror, fantasy, science fiction and children's literature as well as being a very accomplished guitar player.
 
He asked some brilliant questions. Want to know my hints a tips to first time authors? Or about my experience with self-publishing.
 
One of his questions and my answer:-
 
Q. You have a great video introduction for your book, which uses Creative Commons licensed music and images to great effect, what was the idea behind using video to promote your book?
 
A. I felt it was a great creative outlet as well as a way to convey the images and feelings I associate with my novel. I wanted to produce something visual, something more than the written word. I believe every one of us, every individual, associates and relates differently. A video is an added form of media, another type of storytelling device that may help potential readers get a feel for the novel, a feel for the locations; but mainly I just enjoyed making it and wanted to share it with the world.



Find the full interview with him at http://mattrobertewens.wordpress.com/interviews/

I enjoyed answering his thoughtful questions and want to thank Matt for featuring me.


In other news:-

Aquila; From The Darkness - broke into the top #20,000 on Amazon! Ok 20,000 is a lot, but with over 400,000 titles listed I'm pretty happy with that. Thank you everyone who has purchased my novel. Don't be frightened to post your honest reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, AskDavid, or anywhere else you want to!
 
 



A Thank You:-

 

A huge Thank You to Shauls Bakery and CafĂ© in Bridgwater, Somerset for hosting my first book signing! I sold some books (always a bonus) but mainly I got the opportunity to talk to people about my work. They also kept me fuelled with Hot Chocolate and Sausage rolls. Amazing.

I really enjoyed getting out into the public and will definitely be planning another one in a different location in the future.

 
 
 
 
 
My Latest Read:-
 
I've nearly finished Of Dreams and Shadow by D. S. McKnight. Can't wait to share my review with you all. I'll post it in a blog once I'm done.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment